2.10.2013

In My Mailbox (25)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at TheStorySiren.com and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a fun way for book bloggers to show off what books they've received via mailbox, library, bookstore, friend, etc. Sign up for the linky list here, and if you are participating this week, I'd LOVE to see what books you got, so leave me links in the comments!

For me, this week was a big week for libraries. I'm kinda weird about libraries, particularly school libraries. I think part of it is a subconcious knowledge that if I start reading book from the library, I'll be stuck there for a loooong time. This year it actually took me a whole semester to check out the library (I have a library study period this semester, so I'm pretty much stuck in the library (which is totally ok with me)), and check something out at the library. Now I'm checking out a new book almost every day. Well, then comes the second part of my weirdness about librarires (and just borrowing books in general). If I love the book, I have to buy it. I want to buy it. That's one reason why I'm really picky about what I read, and why I really just don't like borrowing books. It doesn't really make any sense. Lol.

But you're not here to read about my library weirdness. I think. You're here to see what books I got this week! :D

From the library:

 
1. Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull - I loved it. I will have to aquire it for my lovely bookshelf now.
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - I also loved it, but I am trying not to let myself buy it, because if I buy it, I will read it again, and it is much too sad for that.
3. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan - OMIGOSH. I finished this one last night. OMIGOSH!!!! I will try to organize my thoughts for a book review tomorrow.
4. Stardust by Neil Gaiman - Haven't read this one yet, but I can't wait to start it!!!

Bought (from Barnes and Noble):

 
1. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - Can't wait to read it!
 
In the mail:
 
 
1. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones - if you saw my post about A Few Things, then you noticed that this book is now battling The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern for the title, "Amanda's Most Favorite Book EVER."

So thanks for reading! Feel free to leave links to your In My Mailbox posts, or Sunday Posts, or Weekly Roundups.

24 comments:

  1. Great books for you this week! Scarlet was on my list as well. I hope you enjoy them!
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog
    My IMM: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/in-my-mailbox-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH. I LOVE THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. It's probably my all time favorite book! I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading :)
    New follower!

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  3. Yay for Scarlet! I read an ARC a few weeks ago and loved it. I am going to buy a copy for myself next weekend when I got to an author event featuring MARISSA MEYER. I am so excited, and can't wait to go.

    I've read Stardust. I liked it, but it isn't a favorite. Don't hate me, but I liked the movie more. Which I know is an awful thing to admit, but it's true.

    Anyway, happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the movie, which is why I'm reading the book :)

      I actually liked the movie of I Am Number Four better, and I freely admit it. Haha :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! I finished Scarlet today and LOVED it! Also I did make the mistake of buying TFIOS and I have the urge to read it over and over and over again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by mine! I'm super excited to read Scarlet :D Hahahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem XD

      Delete
  5. I also adored The Fault In Our Stars, it was such an excellent book! I really need to read Marissa's series! I have been meaning to since it sounds super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder was pretty awesome! I hope you get to it soon!

      Delete
  6. Thats a nice bunch of books you got there. I hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed most of them so far :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Awesome haul! Unspoken is a really good read! Also Scarlet, yay! And Howl's Moving Castle! Best ever. I love the movie so much haha. (Also The Night Circus, if they made that into a movie, I'd probably faint from the pretty haha.)

    Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I think if The Night Circus was a movie, my life would be complete and I'd have nothing else to live for. Haha :)

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  8. I've read Stardust, it was such an interesting story. I also really want to read The Fault in Our Stars and Scarlet. Great haul! Thank you for stopping by! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally get the library thing. I avoided books from the library for awhile cause I didn't like that I couldn't add it to my bookshelf after I finished.

    TFIOS made me cry like crazy. I got the original for Christmas and just bought the Special Edition like a week ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

      I think I'm going to make the special edition copy my next purchase :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  10. Ooh, I've been meaning to read The Fault on our Stars but haven't gotten around to it. Hope you enjoy all your books! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    Ayana @ My Book Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping back! I've loved most of them so far :)

      Delete
  11. The Fault in Our Stars is one my fave books-You should soooo buy it,Trust me that book's worth all the tears(Yes,I cried).
    I haven't read Cinder yet,I hope you enjoy Scarlet!

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I will probably end up buying it eventually, and then my puffy red eyes will remind me of my folly. ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE FAULT IN OUR STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh. My. God.
    IT'S JUST SO AMAZING EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ IT, LIKE, RIGHT THIS SECOND!!!!!!!!

    AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    Oops, sorry...I realise I may have got a little over-excited there...
    Well you can just see what the sheer amazingness of that book does to me. ;)

    Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Catherine :)
    The Book Parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks for stopping by! I can definitely see why you like The Fault in Our Stars so much :)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!