2.05.2013

Book Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa


Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.                                                         That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs - including his reputation - begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.                                                                   Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world - the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten. 

My Review: I was SO excited to read this book, and I was NOT disappointed! I've loved all of Julie Kagawa's books so far (except The Immortal Rules because I haven't read it, and The Iron Night because only the end was super good), and it was really refreshing to be back in one of her story worlds again. The Lost Prince was definitely a devour-and-love-in-one-six-hour-reading-session kind of book.

I LOVED the characters! Omigosh! I didn't connect with them quite as much as the originals (which were present at parts in this book), so it was more like being told a story than being in a story (which is still good, just not as good). But they were, in fact, realllllly well-written and highly enjoyable.  

Everything was so fast-paced and awesome and lovely. There was a definite change in scenery compared to the first three Iron Fey books, and it was a very wide range of scenery. I very much enjoyed it.

Because of me not connecting with the characters as well as I would like, I don't think I loved this book quite as much as I could have, and not as much as the first three Iron Fey books. I will say that it far surpassed The Iron Knight, though, thank goodness. I will definitely be keeping this one on my shelf, and not just because of its pretty cover. I look forward to re-reading this one, and the rest of the series!

HIGHLY recomend that you read Iron's Prophecy BEFORE you read this (you know I mean it because I bolded, italicized, capitalized, AND underlined "highly"), and if you didn't, GO READ IT RIGHT NOW. Seriously. It makes the book a million bajillion quadrillion times more awesome.

With that being said, I give this book almost-five-stars and bid you enjoy the links below:

 
 
Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!