2.24.2013

Book Review: Forget Me Not by Allison Blanchard


*I recieved a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.*
 
Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Cole Dyami is a mysterious boy with a dangerous secret. Adeline Jasely is a typical teenage girl. Living in the seemingly normal small town of Great Falls Montana, Adeline is confronted with everyday teenage problems by a not so normal beautiful boy.

As Adeline and Cole’s worlds collide, the line between illusion and reality is blurred. According to a tribal legend, Adeline and Cole are no longer two friends, but two pieces in a complicated mystery.

Suddenly, Adeline finds herself in a world she never knew existed. Along side Cole, she attempts to unravel the mysteries of the small Chippewa tribe in order to not only find out who Cole Dyami truly is, but who she is as well.

As Cole and Adeline begin to uncover the secrets behind the legends of the Chippewa tribe, illusion slowly unravels into reality and friendship gradually melts into a mutual need of survival.

 
My Review: This was a cute story. :) It had it's ups and downs for me, but I enjoyed reading it. I'm gonna do one of my listy things for this review, so stay tuned:

What I loved:
1. The Native American aspect of the story. I loved the tribe and the legends and the reservation in the story. I haven't read a lot of books that have that sort of stuff in it. I don't know much about any of it, so I'm glad there were lots of details.
2. Cole's sister. :D She was definitely my favorite character in this whole book.
3. The fallin-in-love part. Yay for no insta-love!
4. The supernatural aspect of this book! It wasn't exactly unique, but it wasn't something that is overplayed. It was a bit refreshing.
5. I loved that Adeline was a strong character for most of the novel.

What I didn't love:
1. I wish the main characters would have had a bit more depth. It was a little hard to relate to them. I enjoyed reading about them, but I didn't feel particularly connected to them.
2. Adeline's relationship with her sister. It didn't seem very genuine. I think that relates back to my first point though. If the characters would have had a bit more depth then I think it would have been better.
3. There was one point in the novel where Adeline was rather mopey. I don't think it quite matched up with her being a strong character in every other instance.

Definately more pros than cons for this book! This book was very similar to Twilight (and I don't say that like it's a bad thing), so all you Twilight fans might like this one. I'm not sure if I would re-read this book, but I would definitely read book two! I would give this one three-and-a-half leaves, but I don't have an image with three-and-a-half leaves so my four leaves image will have to do. :)


 
Thanks for reading!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!