10.29.2012

Haunted Week: Tricked or Treated

{This Girl Reads}
 
Some books aren't at all what you expected—which can be good or bad. Today feature five books you read that were either a pleasant or nasty surprise.
 
Ooooh I've got lots of books I could use for this post. I'll try to narrow it down to five. ;)
 
This book just sounded like it would be really cool. Books where things go "horribly wrong" always have some promise, right? Well, this one did NOT live up to it. At all. Definitely a trick!
 
 
I saw the cover of this book and I fell in love with it. I bought it, expecting to fall into a beautifuly written original fairytale. Well, that fairytale turned out to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Another trick!
 


3. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
I am not generally a fan of contemporary novles of any kind. So when I won this in a contest on RandomBuzzers.com, I was fully prepared not to read it. Well I did, and it was amazing! It was super cute, a fun read, and one I'd be content to read again and again. Definitely a treat!



4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I am a hard-core hater of traditional sci-fi. Aliens, spaceships, anything like that. I sat down with this one expecting to despise it, but was pleasantly suprised when it turned out to be fantastic! Another treat!
 


 5. Brain Jack by Brian Falkner
This is one I heard about on RandomBuzzers.com, so when I saw it at my school library, I thought, why not? It'll kill some time at the very least. This book turned out to be really cool. It totally made me want to be a computer genious. Treat!
 



What do you think? Would any of these be on your list? What books have been tricks or treats for you? I can't wait to hear what you think!
Thanks for reading!
See the other Haunted Week posts here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!