10.26.2012

Haunted Week: Skeletons On My Bookshelf

{This Girl Reads}

Supposedly, everyone has a few skeletons in their closet—I think everyone has a few on their bookshelves, too. Today feature five books you've owned for a long time but never read.

I actually just recently sat down and read all the skeletons on my bookshelf, except for one! So I'll list that one, and feature four others that took me FOREVER to get to:



1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

I've had this one since August and just haven't had the time or proper motivation to get to it. Hopefully things will wind down for me and I'll be able to get to it soon!




2. The Haunted by Jessica Verday 
I just recently got around to this one, after probably close to a year of owning it. I won it in a giveaway, but didn't realize it was book 2. I didn't want to start it without having read book 1, but it took me a while to actually get up and look for book 1. 


 3. Peaceweaver by Rebecca Barnhouse
This is one I got from Randombuzzers.com. I'm not sure why it took me so long to get to this one, but once I did, I really enjoyed it!




That's really all I can think of. I try not to let book sit too long on my shelf. What are the skeletons on your shelf? Let me know in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. Oooh, Clockwork Prince is SO GOOD. I hope you get to it soon! I can't say anything about the others though, because I haven't read any of them. *stares guiltily at floor*

    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yay for reading all the skeletons on your bookshelf! I'm impressed with your not letting books sit too long attitude =) There are some books I've had for like five years and still haven't read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way, and I felt bad having all those unread books... Haha :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've got sooo many books. Between my Nook Color (Free Book Fridays), Kindle App & hard/paperbacks I don't even know. I kinda went overboard when I got my new laptop & found out about Kindle's free books. There are so many good new Indie authors & I'm a sucker for YA books. One thing is for sure, I will never have to go without something good to read. I guess I've got bookshelve & closet skeletons. lol Happy Holloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sounds like you have LOTS to read!

      Delete
  4. Hope you find the time to read Clockwork Prince soon. I loved that one a lot! Totally understand what you mean about finding the motivation to read some days. :) I have so many books that I have been putting off for months now too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty meh on The Infernal Devices. I didn't like Clockwork Angel at all and Clockwork Prince was only a little bit better for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I've been putting Clockwork Prince off actually... Lol! I wasn't a big fan of the first one either.

      Delete
  6. I started the Clockwork Prince...didn't finish it. I just didn't love the characters. Still, many love that book, so you may like it!
    My day three haunted week post can be found here: http://abeautyandthebook.blogspot.com/2012/10/haunted-week-day-3-skeletons-on-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the names of the characters in the first book, but that's about it. Haha ;) Hopefully I'll enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on reading so many books on your shelf. I've got so many to read—I have a terrible habit of letting books sit on my shelf for a long, long time. Ooh,Clockwork Prince—I loved the first one in that series, so hopefully we'll both get to read that one soon! (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!