10.24.2012

Haunted Week: Ghosts of Books Half-Read

{This Girl Reads}

Ever had the feeling that someone was watching you? It just might the spirit of a book you haven't put to rest. Today feature five books you began but never finished.


Hmm, this is a tough one because it's not very often that I don't finish a book... Lets see if I can think of five:


1. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

I started this one sometime last year hoping that I would love it. I think I stopped before page five. Of all the things that really bug me in books, unnecessary cussing is the worst. That and 'graphic' scenes are usually my reason for closing a book.


2. Magyk by Angie Sage


I'll be the first to admit that I am a severe Potter-Addict. So when HP ended, I went looking for a replacement and ended up with this. I quickly found out that nothing will ever live up to Harry Potter for me. So maybe I would have liked this one if I hadn't started it expecting something like HP, but now we'll never know...

3. Miracles on Maple Hill by Virginia Sorenson


I got this one for Christmas when I was in fourth grade. I started it, and loved it, and just never finished it. I still have it on my bookshelf, I have just never gone back to it. 


4. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray


This one just completely rubbed me the wrong way. Just... ugh. I stopped about a fourth of the way in.





5. The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze


This is one I bought hoping to really enjoy. I read two pages then went to get my money back. Only two pages in and I could tell that the MC and plot were definitely not going to sit well with me. 



So I managed to think of five I never finished for a variety of reasons, and now that my brain juices are flowing properly, I'm thinking of quite a few more... But anyway, if you're participating in Haunted Week, feel free to leave a link to your post in the comments! If you're not, I'd love to hear about the ghosts of books half-read haunting you!

4 comments:

  1. I can understand about A Great and Terrible Beauty, but about halfway through, I fell in love and kept reading. The last two in the series are FANTASTIC. So, so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that it gets good eventually :) Maybe I'll try again later!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, I know this is only funny to me, but Magyk being on here is hilarious. My best friend has read halfway into the book three times and never finished it—it's now a running joke that she never will. Even I tried reading it, and I didn't even make it halfway.

    Ugh, I finished A Great And Terrible Beauty (that's the first one, right?) and I just really didn't like it.

    Great post! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that didn't finish Magyk and didn't like A Great And Terrible Beauty.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!