9.15.2012

Book Review: The Toadhouse Trilogy by Jess Lourey

* I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review*

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Aine (pronounced "Aw-nee") believes herself to be a regular teenager in 1930s Alabama, but when a blue-eyed monster named Biblos attacks, she discovers that the reclusive woman raising her isn't really her grandmother and that she's been living inside a book for the past five years. With her blind brother, Spenser, she flees the pages of the novel she's called home, one terrifying step ahead of Biblos' black magic. Her only chance at survival lies in beating him to the three objects that he desires more than life. As she undertakes her strange and dangerous odyssey, Aine must choose between a family she doesn't remember and her growing attraction to a mysterious young man named Gilgamesh. Only through treacherous adventures into The Time Machine, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, A Tale of Two Cities, and the epic Indian saga The Ramayana will she learn her true heritage and restore the balance of the worlds... if she can stay alive.

My Review: I absolutely LOVED this book! I loved everything about it, from its fabulous cover to its exciting adventures and fantastic characters!

The writing was amazing. The story felt so vivid and real! I loved the concept of living in books, and traveling through them. It was exciting to see the settings of some of my favorite classics in more depth, and with new details. I also loved what the author did with faeries in this book. It was definitely unique, and super interesting. The actual story was fantastic as well. I couldn't put it down, and I can't wait for book two! 

Aine was a fantastic character. I loved that she always on the ball, and always had a plan. I also loved how she and her brother interacted with the characters from other books in the story. It was pretty awesome :). I wish I had thought of this!

There was so much in this book, so much that happened, but by the end I realized that there was still so much more to the story! I absolutely can't wait for book two! 



5 comments:

  1. I want to bottle you and take you home with me, Amanda. Thanks for all the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, I am going to have to find this one. It sounds fantastic. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I loved this book, too. It's one of my favorites, Heidi:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!