9.21.2012

Book Review: Professor Gargoyle by Charles Gilman

*I received this book from the publishers in return for an honest review*
Synopsis (from back cover): Strange things are happening at Lovecraft Middle School. Rats are leaping from lockers. Students are disappearing. The school library is a labyrinth of secret corridors. And the science teacher is acting very, very peculiar. Robert Arthur knew that seventh grade was going to be weird, but this is ridiculous! With the help of some unlikely new friends, Robert discovers there's more to Lovecraft Middle School than meets the eye. Can he uncover the secrets of the school before it's too late?
About this book:
  • This is Charles Gilmans debut, and it is the first book in the Middle Grade series: Tales From Lovercraft Middle School. 
  • It is published by Quirk Books
  • It will be released September 25, 2012


My Review: I always love a great middle grade book, and I'm happy to say that Professor Gargoyle definitely fits in that category. It was a perfect Middle Grade book! It has a lenticular cover (my brothers call it holographic):


Awesome illustrations:

                    

And an action-packed, intriguing, mysterious adventure inside! 

So on top of all that fantastic stuff, I loved the characters! I quickly sympathized with the main character (I've definitely had my experiences with new schools). The bad-guys were perfect amounts of weird and creepy and, well, bad. 

The middle school was a lot of fun to read about too! I'm SO jealous of the library! And the cool technology! But maybe not so much the weird parts like rats and disappearing students...

This was a great read, and I highly recommend it to lovers of middle grade novels and people looking for a quick and entertaining read. I look forward to book two, and more about Lovecraft Middle School!






Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm new to this blog (it's really nice by the way) and just wanted to say I love your header and overall blog theme - did you design it?
    Ruby - http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I didn't design it, but I wish I did! Hafsah at IceyDesigns did it for me.

      Delete
  2. The cover kinda creeps me out, but the illustrations are beautiful. I'm a big fan of entertaining middle grade reads. This one sounds good. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover sort of made me do a double take at first too, but it's grown on me :). Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!