8.12.2012

In My Mailbox (20)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at TheStorySiren.com and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. It's a fun way for book bloggers to show off what books they've recieved via mailbox, library, bookstore, friend, etc. 


This week I got two books from the library:


I’m not your average hero. I actually wasn’t your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.
It all started with the curse. And the frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.
There wasn’t a fairy godmother or any of that. And even though I fell in love along the way, what happened to me is unlike any fairy tale I’ve ever heard. Before I knew it, I was spying with a flock of enchanted swans, talking (yes, talking!) to a fox named Todd, and nearly trampled by giants in the Keys.
Don’t believe me? I didn’t believe it either. But you’ll see. Because I knew it all was true, the second I got CLOAKED.

I love fairytale retellings :)

2. The Hollow by Jessica Verday
When Abbey's best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead...and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey goes through the motions of mourning her best friend, but privately, she refuses to believe that Kristen is really gone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen's funeral and keeps reappearing in Abbey's life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he's the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special.
Just when Abbey starts to feel that she might survive all this, she learns a secret that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her best friend. How could Kristen have kept silent about so much? And could this secret have led to her death? As Abbey struggles to understand Kristen's betrayal, she uncovers a frightening truth that nearly unravels her - one that will challenge her emerging love for Caspian, as well as her own sanity.
 I won the second book in this series a while back, but I haven't read this one yet.

I'm finally caught up on my TBR pile, so hopefully I can get to these right away! Now that you've seen what I got, I can't wait to see what you got! Leave me links to your posts in the comments!
Thanks for reading!

18 comments:

  1. Hollow is on my TBR list. I'll be interested in seeing what you think about it.

    Check out my IMM 15 & SP 6 if you have time.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I've heard Alex Flinn's books are awesome and Hollow sounds really good!
    Thanks for stopping by my IMM! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping back! I can't wait to read them :)

      Delete
  3. If you love fairytale retellings, definitely check out Jackson Pearce's fairytale retelling series: Sisters Red, Sweetly and Fathomless. Fathomless hasn't come out yet, but the first two are ah-mazing! :) I wasn't such a big fan of The Hollow but I hope you enjoy it! :)

    Happy reading!

    -Amelia
    The Authoress
    New Follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations! I've actually already read both Sisters Red and Sweetly and loved them both :) I can't wait for Fathomless! I'm not a big fan of paranormal, so I hope I enjoy it too :)

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  4. I love The Hollow. I have heard great things about Cloaked. Thanks for visiting mine.


    Happy Reading, Brittan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books sound great, especially the Alex Flinn one. Thanks for stopping by My IMM and happy reading!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my IMM post. Hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first book sounds really good!Hope you enjoy it!
    Happy Reading =)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both those books, hope you enjoy them!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!