8.18.2012

Book Review: Shaman, Friend, Enemy by M. Terry Green

*I recieved a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.*

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Patients with fractured souls, clients threatened by deadly ancestor spirits, and now the paparazzi–it’s all in a day’s work for techno-shaman Olivia Lawson. Livvy has rocketed to the top of the shaman world, bringing old friends with her but also attracting new enemies.
Even as her career soars, her personal life spirals downward. Broken bonds and lost love finally force her to confront the terrible secret of her beginning in shamanism. Despite being attacked by dark shamans and navigating a spiritual plane that seems out of control, Livvy’s single-minded quest steers her into dangerous territory and puts her on a collision course with those dearest to her.
No longer interested in walking a fine line, Livvy discovers that–when the one thing you need is the one thing you can’t have–you’ll risk everything.

My Review: Yes! Another great and unique read! Even though I loved book one, I liked this one a lot more, and thought everything had greatly improved, especially the conflict!

Since there was so much that I loved about this book, I'm going to list them out:

  • The characters! Livvy was still awesome, and I loved that I got to see a lot more of the characters from book one. And of course, I loved how all the characters were influenced and changed somehow through the course of the action. The new characters introduced were very interesting to read about, and were part of the reason that kept me turning pages.
  • The Conflict! There was A LOT of conflict involving A LOT of different sources. I love stories like that! 
  • The action! There was also a lot of action that kept the pages turning. 
  • I couldn't put it down! 
  • THE ENDING! I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. This was a good one!
  • Also, the cover is pretty cool :)

I can't wait to get my hands on book three (hopefully out this fall)! 



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!