8.27.2012

Book Review: The Kill Order by James Dashner


Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.
Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.
Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive.
My Review: So I've been waiting for this book since FOREVER! I was sooo excited when I saw it came out on my birthday! I loved the Maze Runner trilogy, so I had high hopes for this one, and I can definitely say it exceeded my expectations. By A LOT. 

This book was a definite page-turner! There was NEVER a slow moment. I was definitely not expecting what this book turned out to be, so it really kept me on my toes. I'd say it's the best Maze Runner book. The world building was awesome. Mr. Dashner does a fantastic job with that, and that was another way this book topped the trilogy. The story he told also added a lot to the series, and if you read the trilogy, I highly recommend you read this one too. 

I LOVED the characters! That was by far the greatest improvement with this book. They were awesome! My favorite was definitely one of the more secondary characters, Alec. I really liked Mark as well. They were both really well done. 

The ending was amazing! It was completely perfect.


The Kill Order is a prequel to The Maze Runner trilogy. If you haven't read any Maze Runner books yet and you want to (I highly recommend them), I suggest you start with the trilogy first, even though this is a prequel. Things will make more sense, and I think you will enjoy the books better that way.  :) This series is a great one for dystopian, post-apocalyptic, and zombie fans. 




Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!