8.03.2012

Book Blogger Hop!

Book Blogger HopThe Book Blogger Hop is an awesome way for fellow book bloggers to learn about each other, find new blogs, and gain exposure! It's hosted by Jen over at Crazy-for-books.com


If you're interested in participating, here's what you do:


1. Post on your blog answering this question: 
When a book goes "viral" (Hunger Games, Fifty Shades, Twilight), do you rush out to read it like everyone else, even if it's not your genre?
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list at Crazy For Books. 
3. Visit the other blogs on the list, spending quality time getting to know the people you are visiting. Don't just visit the post with the question, but click around and read some of the blogger's other content, too! This Hop isn't about the number of people you can visit, but the quality of each visit. 


So my answer for today's question is: Nope. Not usually. I try to read the books that I know I'll like, and a lot of the hyped up books have fallen flat for me (like Fallen). But I try not to judge a book by the hype, because there have been a lot that I have liked as well, even if it took me a while to get to them (like The Hunger Games). I definitely notice books because of the hype, but I like to do some research before I devote any amount of time to them, so I don't end up with something like Fifty Shades of Grey. 


And that's the Book Blogger Hop! If you participate, I'd love to see how you answered the question, so leave me a link to your post! 
Thanks for reading!

18 comments:

  1. Hi:

    Thanks for stopping my blog today. I love your blog. Love the colors and design.

    Great answer to the question.

    NEW FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping back! I love my design too :)

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Impressions In Ink and leaving a comment. I'm a new member of your blog. Your blog is lovely!
    How did you created the colored box above? Do you use the format of Blogger?
    I'll be back to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hafsah from IceyDesigns did my blog design and set up the block quotes. She posted a tutorial on how to create them. Here's the link: http://iceydesigns.com/blog/2012/02/blogger-tutorial-apply-a-stylish-background-to-your-blockquotes.html

      I hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I totally agree with your answer. Sometimes hyped-up books get all kinds of attention because they deserve it. Other times, they don't. So, yeah, it really depends for me.

    Really glad to have found your blog! Love the color scheme and the content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by mine!

      Delete
  4. If I read a book that's hyped up it's because someone I trust recommended it. Not because it's hyped. I read Fifty Shades but didn't much like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog ! And I totally agree with you, I usually go with trusted bloggers' recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am a new follower to your blog and your answer is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard to judge by the hype at times, I go with my mood, genre interest and fellow bloggers with similar interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda, your blog is adoooorable! I'm pretty sure this is my first time stopping on by :)

    This was an easy hop question for me to answer:
    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same here. I only read the hyped books that interest me. I've had quite a few people say that Fallen fell flat (beautiful cover thought).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the covers for the Fallen series :)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!