1. When authors/publicists/publishers don't read my review policy.I would think that it's common knowledge that every blogger has his/her own submission guidelines for review copies. That being said, I would think that people submitting things for review would actually want to read those guidelines before sending an email. I have lots of links around my blog to my policy, and a whole page dedicated to my policy. I think that my policy is pretty clearly outlined (if it's not, shoot me an email so I can fix it!). A few points of it are:
- I do accept self-published
- I am not currently accepting e-books due to the inconvenience of not having an e-reader
- I accept only YA novels and some MG
- I'm not currently featuring paranormal books
It really sort of annoys me when I get requests for adult paranormal romance. It also annoys me when the emails start out with "I know you don't accept self-published, but..." I do accept self-published. I do. I promise I wasn't lying when I said that in my policy.
When I can't accept a book because of the e-reader thing, and if it's something I or readers (you guys) may be interested in, I'll offer to do a book spotlight instead. So all you authors with no hard-copies available, I'm sorry, but I can't read your book right now. Shoot me an email about doing a feature post instead.
2. Blog awardsThey're sometimes nice and thoughtful, but they're time consuming and can be annoying.
3. "I just followed you, can you please follow me back?"No. I usually only follow the blogs I want to read, and ask no less of you. I always appreciate the follow, but I love readers more, and commenters the most :) It makes my day when I get a comment. You are more than welcome to leave a link your blog, as long as it isn't spam (check my policy page for that). I will definitely stop by your blog!
4. People who post the same comment to every participant's meme post (Book Blogger Hop, IMM, etc.).The purpose of these memes is to actually read the post, as well as get blog exposure. Its kind of inconsiderate just to copy and paste. I always read the post, and try to comment in a way that pertains to the post, not the meme.
These are just a few things that bother me. They may or may not be a problem for you, and that's perfectly fine :) I'd love to hear your opinions and pet-peeves, so post a comment or leave a link if you've done a similar post! This post is by no means meant to call anybody out, and I ask that all comments be kept respectful :).
Thanks for reading!