6.01.2012

Book Spotlight: Shut Up by Anne Tibbets

Mary's older sister, Gwen, has royally screwed up her life.  Not only is Gwen pregnant at seventeen, but she's also decided to marry The Creep who knocked her up. Now Mary is powerless to stop her family from imploding.  Her parents are freaking out, and to top if off, The Creep has a gross fascination with Mary, while Gwen enjoys teasing her to tears for sport. Despite her brother's advice to shut up, Mary can't keep her trap closed and manages to piss off Mom so much it comes to blows. Mary doesn't know what to do, and all her attempts to get help are rejected.  When she finally plans her escape, she fails to consider how it could destroy them all.

SHUT UP is Anne Tibbet's latest YA contemporary, published by Premier Digital Publishing on April 15, 2012. Here's a bit from the author:

A little about myself:
I'm the Smashwords.com Best Selling author of Young Adult Fantasy THE BEAST CALL, and co-author of the Middle Grade time travel adventure THE AMULET CHRONICLES, BOOK ONE: THE JOURNEY HOME.  Starting my career as a playwright and screenwriter of children's television, I now live in the Los Angeles area with my family and many pets, whom I believe are secretly plotting my assassination.  For more information about me, visit my blog (link below).

And here's a quote about SHUT UP from NY Times Best Selling author, Christine Wiltz.
"Twelve-year-old Mary is running away from home.  She's sick of her school, her friends, and her family, especially her big sister, Gwen.  But this is not just the story of a girl with a case of adolescent angst.  It is all of us who ever experienced the fear of what fresh hell the next hour will bring, deep hatred of ourselves,despair, and the very real possibility that we will spend the rest of our lives with echoes of "You're stupid, you're ugly, shut up!" haunting our hearts, minds and spirits. There is physical violence and there is the hidden violence that poisons families and corrupts the soul and is as much a danger to a human life as any weapon of destruction.
 Anne Tibbets tells a fast-paced, page-turning suspense story about this kind of violence, and it has you rooting for Mary from the opening page.  Shut Up is one of the most vivid and absorbing stories I've ever read about the torments of the adolescent heart and the dangers of navigating those years.
ChristineWiltz, author of The Last Madam and Glass House."
You can read more about SHUT UP, as well as purchase it, from the following links (available in e-book & paperback):



 If you get the chance to pick up a copy, I'd love to hear what you think! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I currently have a copy of SHUT UP for review. I'll definitely be trying to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!