6.25.2012

Book Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

My Review: Best. Book. EVER. The end. That's all I have to say.


But seriously. I really, really, really love this book. A whole lot. Way more than Divergent. Why? Because it was laugh-out-loud funny in some parts, it had me nearly in tears in others, and a lot of it had me holding my breath. Best of all, it ended with the most killer cliffhanger ever. And despite my many complaints about them, I do love cliffhangers. 


Also, the characters were amazing this time around. Well, they were pretty awesome before (especially Tobias....), but, as is often the case with well-written sequels, we got even more about the characters. Especially Tobias. Hehe ;). So far in the series, I have decided that Tris is my favorite heroine, and I'm not usually a fan of heroines.


Plot twists also made this book amazing. It's not even funny how many times I did not see that coming. 


Final words: I repeat- Best. Book. Ever. Find Divergent, read it, then find Insurgent and love it. Heads up though - killer cliffhanger! 





*Just a quick update: I'm in Canada (on my way to Alaska) and I will be camping for the next few days, which = no internet. So I'm going to schedule a post and hope that it works. Also, I'm currently hosting a pretty awesome giveaway, and it would be awesome if you would check it out. ;) 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!