7.01.2012

Book Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, the ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

My Review: Another amazing read! It was a bit predictable at some points, super surprising in others, full of awesome concepts and characters, and just down right fantastic. 


I was a bit skeptical about picking this one up at first for a few reasons: the hype about it, the cyborg concept, and then the fairy-tale adaptation part of it. Well, the hype was well deserved, the cyborg concept was really well done, and it is a fantastic Cinderella adaptation so far. Also, killer cliffhanger! I seem to be running into a lot of those lately. Anyway, I'm super happy I got my mother to get this one for me (funny story...), and I will definitely be buying the rest of the series. 


So I imagine you'd actually like to hear what I liked about Cinder. Is everything a good enough explanation? The world-building was amazing, the action started right away and didn't stop (at all), the characters were really well written (especially Prince Kai...), and the story was really interesting. Who would have thought that you could mix a mysterious plague, a prince, a cyborg, and creepy space people and get something this good? Haha, well Marissa Meyer, of course. 


If you're a fan of steampunk, sci-fi, dystopian, fairytales, or good books, Cinder is probably for you! 





One more thing before I realize that it's super late and I should go to bed: I'm currently hosting a giveaway! Check that out here. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you liked this book. I LOVED it! I was pleasantly surprised by it as I didn't think it would be as good as it was. Great review..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about how much I liked this one! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!