5.31.2012

Book Review: Downburst by Katie Robison

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Kit’s only goal is to stay alive. Right now, that means dodging brutal gangs while peddling fake I.D.s on the back streets of Winnipeg. But things get complicated when Kit sells a license to a girl named Aura—a girl who could almost be her twin. Caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, Kit is plunged into an underground society with heart-stopping surprises at every turn. To protect herself, she’s forced to assume Aura’s identity. But storm clouds are gathering on the horizon, and when Kit learns the truth about Aura, she knows she has to get out before the storm breaks. There’s only one problem: escape isn’t an option. Suddenly, staying alive just got a lot harder.

My review: *I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.* This book caught my interest from page one and didn't let go. You know, I'm a sucker for those books with the summer camps that aren't what they seem. Downburst had one of those! And it was fantastic! Of course, that wasn't the only fantastic thing, and I would define the book just by the summer camp. ;)

This was one that kept me on the edge of my seat. Downburst is very original and interesting and new. I was really excited to learn more about what was going on, and how everything worked. There was never a dull moment in the book. It was one of those where you keep guessing what's going to happen and then something else entirely happens that's just as exciting as what you thought would happen. 

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of emphasis on characters as individuals, but what I saw of the characters I liked. I think there was more emphasis on setting the stage and building the world, which has me really excited for book two, not even getting into the cliffhanger ending.... I would have liked a bit more insights to the characters, but I'm hoping to see more in book two. 

I highly recommend this book, and I can't wait to get my hands on the sequel! Congrats, Katie, for a fantastic debut! 




Here are some links if you'd like to read more about Downburst:


Book Trailer: 



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!