4.06.2012

Book Review: The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): WHAT IS OLDEST WILL BE NEW, WHAT IS LOST SHALL BE FOUND. The ozone is ravaged, ocean levels have risen, and the sun is a daily enemy. But global climate change is not something new in the Earth’s history. No one will know this better than less-than-ordinary Owen Parker, who is about to discover that he is the descendant of a highly advanced ancient race—a race that took their technology too far and almost destroyed the Earth in the process. Now it is Owen’s turn to make right in his world what went wrong thousands of years ago. If Owen can unlock the lost code in his very genes, he may rediscover the forgotten knowledge of his ancestry…and that less-than-ordinary can evolve into extraordinary.
My Review: This was definitely a very good book. All the world-building and characters were really well done, and the plot was excellent. The setting was also pretty cool. I love books with summer camps that aren't really what they seem :). The setting was definitely my favorite part of the book. I'd definitely say this one was a page-turner. I finished it in one sitting!


The Lost Code was told from Owen's point of view, so that was nice, and the characters were as realistic as you can get with the circumstances. The creepy bad-guy who thinks-what-he's-doing-is-right was pulled off really well, and I liked how you couldn't always tell who was who and what they were going to do next. 


I kind of would have liked to hear more about the Atlanteans, like who exactly they were, what they did/how they did it, and how it all worked out, but that's what sequels are for, right? Unfortunately for me, The Lost Code isn't even released until May 22 (I read this as an ARC). It looks like I've got a long wait ahead of me for book 2, but hopefully it will be worth the wait! 


I'd say this is a good one for all you dystopian fans. And also anyone who likes reading about summer camps that aren't quite normal. 



Here are links if you'd like to read more:

Goodreads ~ Website

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!