3.29.2012

Book Review: Oracle - Sunken Earth by C.W. Trisef

Synopsis: Fall, current day, Atlantic Ocean. Another hurricane tears through the Bahamas, headed for Florida. Among the wreckage: a U.S. Coast Guard rescue boat, one survivor (Ret Cooper), and a spherical object of curious design (the Oracle). Ret Cooper is a simple young man with mysterious origins, unique physical features, and no memory of his past. His new family and friends discover he is truly extraordinary, with supernatural powers and strange scars on the palms of his hands. But what is his destiny? The Oracle is the key to Earth's unity and full potential, too perfect to be man-made. Legend claims it can unleash limitless power when filled with Mother Nature's six, pure, original elements. But where are these elements? And which of our planet's ancient secrets will be explained in the process of locating them? The first book from new author C.W. Trisef will have you cheering for Ret as he travels a submerged road, discovers a lost city, climbs an electrifying mountain, and begins to unravel the mystery of the Oracle ... all during his first year of high school.
My Review: *I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.* This was a pretty enjoyable read! It had its ups and downs, but overall it was very entertaining. I'll start with what I did like about the book first:
  • It was funny! There was definitely a comic-relief type of character.
  • It was fast-paced and exciting!
  • It kept me wanting to know what happened next.
  • The characters were funny!
Here's a few things that I didn't like:
  • Sometimes it moved a little too fast
  • I would have liked a little more world-building
  • The characters weren't all that relate-able (but still funny!)
By the end of the novel, a lot of the things I didn't like were resolved, so it definitely got better as it progressed. I could see my self reading this book again in the future, and I would definitely read the second book. I'd like to thank the author for sending me a copy in return for an honest review. I can't wait to read the second book!

Here are some links for Oracle - Sunken Earth:


Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Amanda, I too enjoyed Oracle-Sunken Earth, it was very entertaining. What I found fascinating was how everything fit together so perfectly — Ret’s scar on his hand and on the oracle, to the earth element, to the world mysteries — very creative! Trisef’s website explains the world mysteries (bermuda triangle, bimini road, city of atlantis) in more detail. I just bought Trisef’s second book in the oracle series and can’t wait to read it. The website shows three new world mysteries for book 2 (nazca lines, machu picchu, easter island). I’m not too familiar with those mysteries so I am intrigued to read book 2. Anyway, I highly recommend these books, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I'm particularly excited for the bit about Machu Picchu in book two. I've always wanted to visit it!

      Delete
  2. Hey Amanda, I just finished reading book 2 "Oracle - Fire Island" and it was even better than book 1 "Oracle - Sunken Earth"!!! Do you know anything about the author (CW Trisef)? I would like to learn more about him . . . his books are fabulous and he seems to be relatively unknown??? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oracle - Sunken Earth was his debut novel. Other than that, I don't know much, but the website link above will take you to his website. I'm sure you could find out more there.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely loved this book! It was very well written, unusually funny, and quite educating. Thanks for your candid review; I can't wait to read the next book!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!