3.07.2012

Book Review: Casey Barnes Eponymous by E.A. Rigg

It's three weeks into the school year when music junkie Casey Barnes gets a second chance with her mysterious, heartbreaking ex-boyfriend. She comes up with a plan to win him back, but it soon spins out of control as rivalries, revelations about him, and music itself all start to collide. For Casey the newfound attention means learning the difference between wanting center stage and actually being on it.
My Review: *I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.* I really enjoyed reading this book. It read very quickly and was very entertaining. It was realistic for the most part. I loved the way the main character, Casey interacted with others, and how she changed as the book progressed. I also liked the music.

I don't really consider myself a music person, but I could definitely appreciate the music in this book. It was a central part of it, and the author definitely knows music. If you're someone who loves music, this is a good book for you.

The characters were all really well put together. I especially liked the way Casey and her brother interacted. It was very realistic. I think the average high school student-body was pulled off very well.

The only thing that I didn't particularly love about the book was how narrow the setting was. I didn't really feel like I got a big picture.

Overall, I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it, especially to music lovers!


Here are some links if you want to learn more:


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one too! I agree with you on the narrow setting. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that cover is so cute! I want those shoes.

    Glad you enjoyed it! It looks really good. (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!