2.19.2012

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren.com. It's a way for book bloggers to intermingle and share what books they've received over the course of the week, whether it be in their mailboxes, from the library, from the bookstore, or from a friend. This week I got two books:


1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
I got this one at a bookstore downtown. I'm super excited to read it!



2. Zero by Tom Leveen

For aspiring artist Amanda Walsh, who only half-jokingly goes by the nickname Zero, the summer before college was supposed to be fun—plain and simple. Hanging out with her best friend Jenn, going to clubs, painting, and counting down the days until her escape. But when must-have scholarship money doesn't materialize, and she has a falling out with Jenn that can only be described as majorly awkward, and Zero's parents relationship goes from tense to relentless fighting, her prospects start looking as bleak and surreal as a painting by her idol Salvador Dali. Will life truly imitate art? Will her new, unexpected relationship with a punk skater boy who seems too good to be real and support from the unlikeliest of sources show Zero that she's so much more than a name.
I got Zero from RandomBuzzers.com. I was selected as part of the spring "Ambuzzador" group for this book, so it's my job to spread the word about Zero. I'm excited to read it!

In last week's IMM post, I mentioned I ordered Wither by Lauren DeStefano. Sadly, it still hasn't come in yet. If the bookstore is open tomorrow, I think I'll pop in and see whats up...

Well that's what I got this week. I can't wait to get reading! What did you get in your mailbox? Leave links in the comments and I'll check them out! Thanks for reading!

24 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Delirium when I read it, and now I can't wait to read Pandemonium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I have Delirium on my Kindle but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I really want to though and hope to get to it soon. Wither...AAAHHH such a great story, and I was lucky enough to read Fever already, and WOW. THAT is a great series. Hope it gets to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I cant wait until Wither gets in!

      Delete
  3. I've yet to read Delirium. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *jaw drops on floor* You got Delirium?? No way! I'm so jealous :) I hope I get to read it soon, can't wait to hear what you think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I really want Delirium! Great couple of books!! Thanks for stopping by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delerium is a wonderful read! Wither is also pretty good..hope it comes in soon!

    ♥Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that Wither comes out soon! I love Wither, the story is absolutely beautiful! Awesome mailbox this week! I've never heard about Zero before, but the cover is absolutely interesting! Enjoy reading this week! :)

    I'm a new follower! Love your blog design, so beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I love my design too :)

      Delete
  8. Oohh Delirium! I pre-ordered my copy of Pandemonium recently, can't wait to read it! This way you won't have long to wait after the torture-filled cliffhanger. ;)

    Congrats on getting chosen as an Ambuzzador!

    Thanks for stopping by LIO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, good to know there's a cliffhanger. ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Delirium looks really good. It's been calling my name since I've been reading all these awesome dystopian stories. I hope you enjoy it! And congrats on being an Ambuzzador, haha!

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog (:
    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed Delirium! It was very different from other books I've read. Enjoy your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, yay! Delirium. Not that I've read it yet myself, but I seriously cannot wait to get to it. Great IMM it seems like! :) Hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!