1.18.2012

Book Review: The Deliverer by Jason D. Morrow


 Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): After a series of strange events, Silas Ainsley realizes that he is not a normal seventeen-year-old. In his journey to escape from two mysterious headhunters, Silas discovers his life and death are key to saving an entire world, called Marenon, from darkness and destruction. The only way to get to Marenon is to die, and Silas has just arrived.



My review: *I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.* I really enjoyed this book! It was fast-paced, action-packed fantasy! Of course I loved it! It was written in alternating perspectives, which is another thing I really enjoy. The characters were all really nicely developed right off the bat. It's great when it's written like that, because it's easier to get a sense of who the character is and who they become as the book goes on.
The book starts of in our world, giving us time to relate with Silas in particular and learn a bit about who he is. Then it switches off the Marenon along with great description and explanation. No confusion there! :)


Also nice about this book: It's about a teenage boy. So refreshing! It's nice to read about teenage boys every once in a while and see some hardcore action. This is a great book for that!


Don't be put off by its 'self-published' status. It's clear a lot of hard work has gone into this book and it is definitely worth reading!







Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I’m a writer, book lover, and your newest blog follower! My blog is Life of Lois Feel free to stop on by.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!