10.25.2011

Book Review: Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Synopsis (from Shelfari.com): 
Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks--with no one knowing where she was or who she was with--she tries to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge her mom's creepy new boyfriend.
But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.
And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.
Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.


My Review: Obviously I loved it. It more that made up for my disappointment in Crescendo. Better yet, it explained it. In fact, I've changed my opinion about it. I've decided I liked Crescendo. A lot. Funny how a third book can do that.

Silence doesn't pick up exactly where Crescendo left off. In fact, it takes quite a while to get there. It takes a very curious route to tie up all the loose ends. Curious enough that I couldn't put the book down. At all.

One thing I like more than anything about Silence is that it explains Patch. He was my favorite character in Hush, Hush, but after I read Crescendo I kind of hated him. Silence definitely put him back on my good list. Ha. I also liked how Nora is more... on the ball. She's more actively involved in the action. Not that she wasn't involved before, but I she did a lot less running in this book. Oh, and Scott. He was great in this book. I definitely liked him a lot better in this book.

Only thing I hate about this book: CLIFFHANGER! Ugh! And I have to wait a whole year for the next book! I repeat: Ugh!

So I definitely loved it! It changed my opinion of Crescendo quite a bit, and caught my interest once again. I highly recommend it, after you read the first two of course. Here are some links if you want to learn more:




 Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, thx for reading & reviewing this!! I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! It was an excellent book!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!