10.24.2011

Book Review: Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Sixteen-year-old Miranda Merchant is great at science. . .and not so great with boys. After major drama with her boyfriend and (now ex) best friend, she's happy to spend the summer on small, mysterious Selkie Island, helping her mother sort out her late grandmother's estate.
There, Miranda finds new friends and an island with a mysterious, mystical history, presenting her with facts her logical, scientific mind can't make sense of. She also meets Leo, who challenges everything she thought she knew about boys, friendship. . .and reality.
Is Leo hiding something? Or is he something that she never could have imagined?

My Review: Well, I didn't really like it. I guess it was a good book, but I didn't like what it was about.

SPOILER ALERT! It's about mermaids. Mermen, actually.

Mermaids are stupid.

Other than that, the only problem I had with this book was the main character. She kind of got on my nerves a lot. She couldn't make up her mind, and she had trust issues. Like over the top trust issues. The overall plot was pretty good for the most part. And the cover is pretty. :)

Short review. I didn't like it. If you like mermaids, you'll probably like it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!