10.23.2011

Book Review: The Death Cure by James Dashner




Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): 

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.


Will anyone survive the Death Cure?
My Review: The Death Cure is definitely the best book in The Maze Runner trilogy. I couldn’t put it down! There is never a dull moment and I was guessing the entire time. Also, I never guessed right.
It seemed to me that while a lot of loose ends are tied up, even more are cut. I’ll get the answer—or part of the answer—to one question, then something else turns up to throw everything off. A lot of what I thought I knew turned out to be completely wrong. It was kind of refreshing actually, to not be able to predict the entire book.
There aren’t a lot of new characters introduced, but a lot of the existing characters are re-introduced. Some seem like completely different people. I didn’t know who could be trusted, or who the real bad guys are; even if I hadn’t loved the book, I would have kept reading just to see who turned out to be who.
The end was sort of open, the way a lot of last-books are I guess. It wasn’t entirely satisfying, but we get what we get. Ha. Overall, it was fantastic. I loved it! I recommend it to everyone! Especially zombie and sci-fi fans.

Keep an eye out for my reveiw of Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to hear you enjoyed it!! I can't wait to read it :) I've been wondering what's going to happen since I read The Scorch Trials! Thanks for the review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you like it too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!