7.25.2011

Book Review: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):

In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.
The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I Am Number Four is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.
I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.


My Review: I actually wasn't all that impressed by this book. I saw the movie before I read the book, so that influenced my thoughts on this book a lot. It wasn't a bad book. It had a lot of action and cool concepts. The characters were all great, they all had their own personalities and they all had a purpose. There was a lot of back story, and that was good.  I think the main reason I didn't like the book was because I liked the characters so much more in the movie. I think that if I had read the book first, I would have liked it better.



So I am working my way through Maggie Stiefvater's new book Forever and I hope to have that finished soon! Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you didn't like this one. I actually enjoyed it a lot, and I'm currently making my way through the second book (Power of Six).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might read that one to see if I like it any better. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it's better to see the movie first and read the books afterwards because if I see the movie I already have the image of the characters in my head and when I read the book it's easier for me to imagine the action. Then again I also have had some problems with watching good movies and being disappointed by the book as well as I have had the opposite happen. But then again, who did not go through at least a couple of similar situations? By the way, can you recommend me some e-book websites? I've been told to check out a site called All you can books but didn't get the chance yet. Are you familiar with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for commenting!

    As for e-book websites, I haven't been to that site. I'm not really an e-book sort of person so I wouldn't really know where to go. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!