7.15.2011

Book Review: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

My Review: Wow. This book was fantastic! I really wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. I mean, how can space ships be cool? Haha. Anyway, it was super exciting. There was never a dull moment and there was always something to keep you hooked. There were a bunch of unexpected twists that kept me on the edge of my seat. One of the best things about this book: it wasn't cliche. Lots of originality here.

The characters were definitely original. They were all very interesting. I grew attached to a couple of them. The main characters were always doing something, whether it be making someone angry or uncovering a big scheme. Let me just say that there were more than one of those.

The end surprised me. I really wasn't expecting it. When everything was said and done, I was surprised. Not only was I surprised, I wanted to read more. Unfortunately, the next book won't be out until sometime next year. In the mean time, I suggest you pick up this book if you haven't already and dig in! Thanks for reading!




Up Next: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!