6.30.2011

Book Review: Solid by Shelley Workinger

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):
Teens who discover they were secretly genetically altered before birth are brought together at a classified site where they forge new friendships, find love, develop "super-abilities," and even unearth a conspiracy.

My Review: *I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.* Alright, so I've had my eye on this book for some time now and when the author, Shelley Workinger, emailed me and asked me if I'd accept a Kindle copy of this book to review in preparation for the next book in the series, Settling (coming out July 4th). Obviously I said yes with some expectations of a good book and let me tell you, it didn't disappoint. It had me hooked right off the bat on the first page, the first sentence even. The great part about that was, it didn't let go. I was into the book the entire time. There were no dry or slow parts.

The characters were great, especially the main ones. It was fun to see how they interacted. A few of them were really funny. I liked how you didn't know who the real bad guy was until the very end. Speaking of the end, it was pretty rounded out. Not really a cliffhanger, but enough to make you want to read more. Good thing the second book comes out so soon, huh? So I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes genetically altered people with superpowers. Oh and conspiracies. Can't forget those.  



Alright, if anyone is interested in learning more about the series and/or the author, here are some links:


In other news, a humming bird landed on my finger today. It was super cool! I'll post a picture soon. Up next for review is Across the Universe by Beth Revis. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!