6.06.2011

Entice by Carrie Jones

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.
But that's not quite how things have worked out.


For starters, well, Nick is dead.
Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?


And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned...she's Astley's queen.

My Review: This is definitely the best book in the series so far. I still found all the Norse mythology to be a little weird, but it didn't take away from the book. The characters haven't changed much from book to book. The book was still awfully similar to all the vampire books I've read (not a lot, actually. Just Twilight and Blue Bloods). It did have a killer cliff hanger at the end. I'm not sure when the next book comes out but I hope it's soon.

I didn't like the book enough to want to buy it and read it again, but I liked it enough to keep reading and look forward to the next one. I would suggest getting this book from a library or borrowing from a friend.



Short review. Thanks for reading it. Up next for review is City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. Yes, I know, it's about time ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!