6.23.2011

Book Review: The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):

Gabry lives a quiet life. As safe a life as is possible in a town trapped between a forest and the ocean, in a world teeming with the dead, who constantly hunger for those still living. She’s content on her side of the Barrier, happy to let her friends dream of the Dark City up the coast while she watches from the top of her lighthouse. But there are threats the Barrier cannot hold back. Threats like the secrets Gabry’s mother thought she left behind when she escaped from the Sisterhood and the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Like the cult of religious zealots who worship the dead. Like the stranger from the forest who seems to know Gabry. And suddenly, everything is changing. One reckless moment, and half of Gabry’s generation is dead, the other half imprisoned. Now Gabry only knows one thing: she must face the forest of her mother’s past in order to save herself and the one she loves.

My Review: I loved it! It was a million times better than the first one. The characters were way more likeable and the book was way more unputdownable. There were a lot of similar points, like the trek through the forest and the whole love triangle thing, but it almost didn't matter. Almost. It was annoying because it was obvious which one Gabry prefered and it was too drawn out. Mary, Gabry's mom and the main character of the Forest of Hands and Teeth got on my nerves, same as last book. She was a horrible person. Other than those two points, I really enjoyed this book and recomend it to anyone who liked the first on.



Alright, so I'm about to leave for camping (hence the short review). I'm pretty sure there won't be internet where I'm going camping so I probably won't be posting anything. Just so you know. Well until next time, thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. One of us already read this book and liked it, the rest have it in queue. Glad to know it doesn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I hope you like it too if you decide to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been a while since i read either book. i'm with you that i hated Mary's character in the first book; i was definitely rooting for the zombies to get her. She was just so selfish. But I found her more likable the second time around. maybe that's just my brain saying "shes a mom, give her a break". didn't you think she was at least a little bit better? let me know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for commenting!

    I did find her a little less bitter the second time, but I still didn't like her.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!