5.08.2011

Book Review: Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):

Poets. Geniuses. Revolutionaries.

The members of the legendary band Lemonade Mouth have been called all of these things. But until now, nobody's known the inside story of how this powerhouse band came to be. How five outcasts in Opoquonsett High School's freshman class found each other, found the music, and went on to change both rock and roll and high school as we know it. Wen, Stella, Charlie, Olivia, and Mo take us back to that fateful detention where a dentist's jingle, a teacher's coughing fit, and a beat-up ukulele gave birth to Rhode Island's most influential band. Told in each of their five voices and compiled by Opoquonsett's "scene queen," freshman Naomi Fishmeier, this anthology is their definitive history.

My Review: This was a fun read. It was completely bizarre. It was about a group of high school freshman misfits who form a band to make their voices heard. Their band wasn't an average band, though. Stella played a ukulele, Wen played his trumpet, Charlie played bongos, Mo played her cello, and Olivia sang. Weird, huh? The story itself was pretty good. I don't think I've ever read anything like it. There weren't any slow moments. The characters were all realistic and easy to relate to. So I picked this book to read because the movie just came out. I honestly liked the movie more, but I do recommend this book to anyone looking for something to read.



So I've had a lot going on lately which is why I haven't posted in forever. Hehe not a good excuse, but still. Up next for review is Captivate by Carrie Jones. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!