4.15.2011

Book Review: The Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com)

HATRED NEVER DIES...


Destiny has finally found the life that she has always wanted. She is about to finish college, has a fiance that loves her, and a great summer on the West Coast planned with her friend, Stephanie. But her world is turned upside down when an antique clock mysteriously chimes thirteen times and someone attacks them, sending Stephanie and her mother to the hospital.p

Alone, and without any help from the police, Destiny has no choice but to turn to the one man she had left behind a year ago - her ex-boyfriend, David. Together, they must solve the riddle of the thirteenth chime before the clock strikes thirteen again. Yet as they face their own past and hearts, a trap over half a century old is waiting for them to become its prey.

For revenge, fifty years is never too long...

My Review: I enjoyed reading this book. It was like a mix between a mystery and paranormal almost. There were some parts where it moved a little too fast, and the dialogue wasn't very realistic but other than that I didn't have any problems with this book. I read it all in one setting, and this is a good book to help take your mind off things. I may be giving away a copy of this one later on, so keep an eye out for it.



Something Completely Unrelated: My friend is writing a book! It is pretty good from what I've read of it. He hopes to have it finished by late May (that's his goal).  He has a Facebook page for it if you want to learn more.

Up next for review: Matched by Ally Condie (I just got it at the library yesterday :D). Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked this one! :) As you probably noticed from my review tid-bit on the back cover I aslo enjoyed it.

    Cool about your friend writing a book. I wish him the best of luck!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review..not sure if I wanna read thsi one yet though.


    clarkmurdock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!