4.20.2011

Book Review: The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Synopis (from Goodreads.com):

Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.


Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

My Review: I really liked this book! It caught my attention right away and held it the entire book. I liked what she did with faeries and changelings. It's very original. The book wasn't very fast paced, but it wasn't slow either. It was right in between. The characters were all pretty original. I loved Mackie and his sister and best friend. They were my favorites. The summary is kind of misleading. It doesn't really tell what the book is about. I was surprised as I read more. It wasn't what I expected. The book's cover is awesome, though. It captures the feeling of the book nicely. I had questions the whole book, and all of them were answered. The end was kind of unexpected, but I liked it.



Over all, I really liked this book. I recommend it to any faerie/fantasy/paranormal fans. Up next for review: Brain Jack by Brian Falkner. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I also really liked this book. It was interesting and different and I loved how music was incorperated into the story ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading it now. I like it, but its sort of a depressing, book right down to the fact it rains and is dreary in Genrty almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like it! It was a little depressing with all the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!