4.02.2011

Book Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Synopsis (from Shelfari.com):

In less than twenty-four hours I'll be seventeen.

Although, technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in.In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognize myself.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

My Review: I loved it! Almost every bit of it! Especially then end. There were really only two things I didn't like; the fact that I have to wait until November for the next one, and the beginning of the book. The beginning wasn't terrible, it just moved a little too fast and didn't have as much detail and the last two books. Luckily that was fixed pretty quickly.

The Characters. Lots of familiar faces and lots of new ones, too. Also, more Iron Fey (oxymoron;).  A couple characters got on my nerves a few times, but there's always some that do. The romance factor went up a lot in this book. That's always entertaining. Lovers' quarrels seemed to be present a lot. Hehe.

The end was a little predictable but extremely well-written Apart from the very beginning of the book, I'd say this is Ms. Kagawa's best work yet.



Thanks for reading! Up next for review: Need by Carrie Jones.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review :) I've been kind of skeptical about this book because I've never read anything about Faeries. This one does sound like it would be good book to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!