4.28.2011

Book Review: Beastly by Alex Finn

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):
I am a beast.

A beast!

Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll, stay this way forever ruined unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly...beastly.

My Review: I was a little bit disappointed with this book. It wasn't exactly what I expected, and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be. It is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. There are quite a few of those, and I've definitely read better ones than this one. I can't see myself rereading this one. A lot of the characters weren't realistic, and the dialogue wasn't great, either. Parts of the book moved too fast. Overall not the best book I've ever read, but not the worst, either.



Up next for review is Reckless by Cornelia Funke and then City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare, I promise. ;). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!