3.03.2011

Book Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

My review: A zombie book. Hmmm. I don't usually read these, but I heard this one was good. You're probably wondering if that's true, am I right? Well I will say this: I don't regret reading it, but I was a little disappointed with it.
The beginning was a little too vague and a little too slow for my liking. The book itself was a little too predictable as well. I did like the concept and the main character, though.

The main character was pretty cool. She never lost sight of what she wanted throughout the book, and she wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty. She also didn't sit there and whine when something bad happened. The other characters weren't as awesome as she was. The were kind of weak. Not like physically weak, but just weak characters. A couple of them seemed like they had multiple personality disorder. Not something that makes for a good book.

There were a few things that didn't seem completely relevant. For the first five or so chapters it kind of only focused on one thing, and then it didn't really come up again at all. It kind of leaves you thinking "And...?"

Overall it was an entertaining read. I enjoyed it for the most part. I recommend this book to any zombie book fans, fans of post-apocalyptic books, and anyone looking to pass the time with a book.


-----------------------------------
Don't forget to enter my giveaway! The deadline for entires is Monday! Next up for review is Fire by Kristin Cashore. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!