3.09.2011

Book Review: Fire by Kristin Cashore

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com): Beautiful creatures called monsters live in the Dells. Monsters have the shape of normal animals: mountain lions, dragonflies, horses, fish. But the hair or scales or feathers of monsters are gorgeously colored-- fuchsia, turquoise, sparkly bronze, iridescent green-- and their minds have the power to control the minds of humans.

Seventeen-year-old Fire is the last remaining human-shaped monster in the Dells. Gorgeously monstrous in body and mind but with a human appreciation of right and wrong, she is hated and mistrusted by just about everyone, and this book is her story.

My Review: Fire was amazing; just as good as Graceling (a favorite of mine). The thing that I liked the most about this book, I think, was the crazy twist and turns that are hurled at you as you read. It's like a soap opera! There was war, fighting, romance, jealousy, and lots double-crossing. The monsters were quite interesting as well. And I loved how nothing was completely resolved until the very end, so you were guessing about something the entire book. The characters. There were a lot of characters to keep track of. The beginning is a little confusing because it starts out with one character then jumps to another. The confusion clears up pretty quick, though. I've added this book to the list of my favorites and I implore everyone who liked Graceling to read this one if they haven't, and If you haven't read either, you definitely should. I love them both!



Up next for review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't like Fire as much as Graceling, but I still thought it was an awesome book! Kristin Cashore is a great fantasy writer. I've also read The Iron King, which I thought was entertaining (but it think it's by Julie Kagawa). Hope you enjoy it, and great review on Fire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cover for this one, though I haven't read either, your review makes me want to! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes, your're right it is Kagawa :) I didn't even notice I spelt it wrong. Thanks for that! Thank you both for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found Fire to be MUCH less enthralling than Graceling. Still good, just not nearly as good as its predecessor!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!