2.15.2011

Book Review: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares

Synopsis (from BN.com): “I’ve left some clues for you.

If you want them, turn the page.

If you don’t, put the book back on the shelf, please.”

So begins the latest whirlwind romance from the New York Times bestselling authors of Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Lily has left a red notebook full of challenges on a favorite bookstore shelf, waiting for just the right guy to come along and accept its dares. But is Dash that right guy? Or are Dash and Lily only destined to trade dares, dreams, and desires in the notebook they pass back and forth at locations across New York? Could their in-person selves possibly connect as well as their notebook versions? Or will they be a comic mismatch of disastrous proportions?

Rachel Cohn and David Levithan have written a love story that will have readers perusing bookstore shelves, looking and longing for a love (and a red notebook) of their own.

I definitely love this book. It had me laughing the whole time, and when it ended, I found myself wishing for more. The characters were awesome. They were really well developed. No teenage boy would have the vocabulary Dash did, though. The book starts in his perspective (it alternates between him and Lily) and I said "Oh! Big words!"


The plot was great. It was a really cool idea, leaving a notebook with instructions for someone to follow in  a bookstore. I think I might like to try that. I don't know whether it's good or bad that it wouldn't turn out like Dash and Lily's notebook, though ;)


So lets return to the fact that I loved this book. I love it so much that I want to share it with someone. Lucky for you, I have an extra copy! Fill out THIS form for a chance to win my extra copy! This giveaway will be open for entries until 2-23-11 at 4pm. Make sure you put your correct email address and to check it on the 23rd because if you don't respond within 24 hours I will pick a different name. I'll have a link to the entry form and this post up on one of my sidebars (probably the right one) so you can easily find it again. Thanks everyone for reading and good luck!

(Head on over to Lulu's blog, The Bookworm Is Here! for another great review of this book.)

4 comments:

  1. This is one I've had my eye on ^.^ Thanks for the opportunity!

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
    Loving the Reviews Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog design.

    I love the blog hop. Stop by for my answer and for a Book Blog Giveaway.

    ...28 blogs participating blogs.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/

    Blog hosted by Judith of http://leeswammes.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!