12.23.2010

Book Review: Torment by Lauren Kate

Synopsis (from BN.com):

Hell on earth. That’s what it’s like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.

It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts—immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn’t told her everything. He’s hiding something—something dangerous. What if Daniel’s version of the past isn’t actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies.


Love the cover. The book itself... not so much.

First off, this book was slower than pond water. Nothing happened for the first two thirds of the book. It's pretty much a repeat of the first book. Second, when something interesting decided to happen, it wasn't important. Luce went somewhere to do something and it was pretty exciting, but it ended up not being important to the book at all. It was only mentioned once after it happened, and only in passing. The end of the book didn't leave me wanting more, either.

The characters got on my nerves again. Luce was kind of a jerk and Daniel was also a jerk. Neither could make up their minds about anything, it seemed like.
I didn't enjoy this book. I will finish the series but that's it. If you liked the first one then you'll probably like this one but if you didn't then you won't.
 


Sorry about the downer review but thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I could hardly stand Fallen. Those covers, I think, draw people in like fish to bait. :) I'm sorry to hear that Tormented was no better. Thanks for the honest review, and happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such mixed reviews about this series. I do like the covers and the premise is somewhat intriguing... but I hate books where nothing actually happens.

    Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting! The covers definitely draw people in, but honestly I wouldn't have read them if I hadn't got them for free. Happy Holidays to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!