12.22.2010

Book Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate

Synopsis (from BN.com):

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce—and goes out of his way to make that very clear—she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


So this book has been the talk of the town. At least the talk of my town. I had heard lots of interesting things about this book. 1. It was amazing. 2. It was just like Twilight. 3. It was exactly like Twilight. 4. It had fallen angels. 5. It had a beautiful cover. I bet you're wondering if any of these are true. Most of them are. The cover is quite nice, it does have fallen angels, and it does seem to have a little bit of Twilight. Along with Twilight it has a bit of Hush, Hush (one of my favorite books) and The Hourglass Door. In other words, it's nothing new.

Character Analysis: Luce got on my nerves. Plain and simple. I don't know what it was but I didn't like it. She is a nicely developed character, though. I wish more would have been explained about her past. Daniel Grigori also got on my nerves. There was a big flashing sign over his head that read "Multiple Personality Disorder! Stay Away!" He couldn't seem to make up his mind and his personality kept changing. ^^^^. I loved some of the other characters though. Especially Roland. He was pretty cool.  So usually when you read a book you're supposed to like the good guys, right? Usually? Maybe it's just me that doesn't, because I seem to like quite a few of the bad guys in books (Bellatrix Lestrange). Same with this book. I liked the bad guys, not so much the good guys. The bad guys' characters were just more... realistic and likeable.

So plot. It was slow. Not a lot happened until the end, and when it did happen, it was lame. Like Breaking Dawn. It was like nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, something potentially cool, nothing. I must have liked something about it or I wouldn't have continued reading it, right? Right. I don't read books I don't like.

If you love Twilight read this book. If you love fallen angels, read this book. If you don't like either, there's a healthy dose of other stuff to keep you interested so read this book. It was an overall good book, just not my favorite. (I let my friend borrow it and she loved it so again, maybe it's just me). That's all I got. Torment is up for review next so keep a weather eye on the horizon (Pirates of the Caribbean ;). Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I read this book, and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't like it whatsoever, but you have made a very good argument. I guess it's just for people who liked Twilight. D: I don't know.

    But thank you for the awesome review!

    ~Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was definitely way better than the second one but I wouldn't go as far as to say that I loved it. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!