10.10.2010

Book Review: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Summary: When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he's not alone. When the lift's doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.
Just like Thomas, the Gladers don t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they've closed tight. And every thirty days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.
Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.

My Review: So The Maze Runner was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Honestly, the only reason I bought it in the first place was because I won the second one and I saw this one at Wal*Mart for a pretty decent price. But I'm glad I got it because it's a good book. :)
So Thomas wakes up in the lift at the beginning of the book and has no idea who he is (other than his name) or how he got there. While reading this you're thinking 'what the heck is going on here?' When the lift opens there's a bunch of guys standing there watching him, talking with weird words. They're called the Gladers. They all came up in the lift before Thomas, with no memories other than their names. That's crazy, right? So anyway, Thomas soon finds out the Glade is the center of a giant maze, and that the Gladers have been trying to solve it for two years. The only problem is is that the walls shift every night after the doors around the Glade. Kind of hard to solve a maze that's always shifting, right? But the Gladers seem to be doing alright with what they have, everything has a place and everything is in that place. Well when the girl shows up everything changes. Everything falls out of place. It's chaotic. It makes a good book. I'm already half way through the next one and I'm lovin' it! I'm looking forward to posting gibberish about it, too ;)



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!