10.16.2010

Book Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

In Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love—the light and the dark, the warm and the cold—in a way you will never forget.
 
Linger was fantastic. An excellent continuation of Shiver. When I first read Shiver, the ending was so well written that I had no idea there would be a second book. Anyway, in Linger your favorite characters come back! Sam and Grace! And then there's Isabel and Rachel too! There's also a new character, the new wolf named Cole. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on my blog, but I'm pretty sure I've expressed my love for Cole everywhere else. Hahahahaha. Anyway, so the end of Shiver leaves you hoping that everything will be alright. Well nothing is alright. Something is wrong with Grace, Cole won't stay a wolf, and Isabel has numerous  emotional breakdowns. It's crazy. Oh and the tension that was building between Grace and her parents in Shiver has finally reached its peak. Uh-oh. Lots of conflict makes for a good book. So the ending. I kind of expected the outcome of the ending, but not what caused the outcome. While reading it I remember thinking "geeze!" Not what I expected, but I liked it. I think the only thing I don't like is how long I have to wait for Forever. Geeze!



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with Shiver but it sounds interesting. Isabel's character sounds like some women Iknow!If you would like to link your blog please stop by.(Iam your new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following! I'll stop by :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!