8.29.2010

Book Review: Serpent Tide by K.L. Fogg

Wesley Vandergrift wonders why he isn't like the other boys in his coastal South Carolina town. It's not easy being the son of an eccentric, billionaire mother. His life consists of big secrets in a big mansion and only one friend. Overprotected and insulated from the rest of the world, Wesley yearns for the kind of exciting outdoor adventures he sees on "The Snake Stalker"--his favorite TV program, starring the dynamic Jack Mackey.
Now through a twist of fate, Wesley meets someone who knows his hero Jack Mackey--a real-live relative. And soon Wesley finds himself in more of an adventure than he bargained for. Dare to take the plunge with Wesley on an exciting journey of shipwrecks, venomous snakes, and kidnappers. The legendary curse of the Serpent Tide will forever change Wesley's life--and, perhaps, yours.

Serpent Tide is a suspenseful book that had me on the edge of my seat almost the whole time. There is horse riding, dogs, engagement ring shopping, kidnapping, blindness, a famous TV star, and a crazy billionaire, which all make for an interesting read. You will immediately become Wesley's friend upon opening this book, along with his best friend, Amanda (no, not me, though I do like Wesley). This book is built on deception and when the truth comes out, everything comes crashing down. I really liked this book for quite a few reasons. First, there was no... supernaturalness. All these vampires and werewolves and fallen angels can be a little smothering after a while. Second, the characters are incredibly life-like. They are funny, entertaining, they can make you cry, and it feels like you know them. Third, I met the author before I read the book, and she was pretty awesome. That really doesn't have anything to do with the book, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Anyway, I've already read the rest of the series, and they were just as good, if not better (the third one is a personal favorite). If I were you I would start looking for these books. (They are a little hard to find, at least the first one is, so it will probably not be at your local library). Happy reading, and I'll tell you what I think of the second book in the series, The Widow's Revenge, sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!