8.14.2010

:/

Hey everybody sorry I've been behind on my posts. I've been busy this week and today is my birthday! Happy birthday to me :) So anyway, for my birthday I got a Barnes and Noble gift card and you know what theat means: More Books!!!! On top of that, I pre-ordered Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins so keep your eyes opened for reviews of the Hunger Games trilogy. In the mean time, please enjoy and comment on this excerpt of a story I am currently writing. PS: Its not very good. yet.

Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea, I thought. The blood was rushing to my head and I could feel a rope burn around my ankle.



No, this was definitely not one of your better ideas. I could hear the laughter in the thought. I grinned, despite my situation. “Casper.”


Casper walked out from behind a tree and stopped in front of me. The amusement was obvious to see in his eyes. “Hello, Angie. Glad to see you’re hanging in there.”


I groaned at his bad joke. “So…” I said, “Are you going to let me down anytime soon?”


He scratched his head, pretending to think about it. “Well, I am rather enjoying the sight of you hanging from a tree by your ankle, but… alright.”


I rolled my eyes. Hurry, please. He grinned in response then began climbing the tree. My ankle was starting to throb. The branch I was hanging from started to shake when Casper reached it. I gasped when his hand grabbed my ankle. Your hands are cold, I thought reproachfully, which made him chuckle. He tugged at the rope for a moment then with a noise like a snap he was back on the ground again with his arms outstretched. Before I had time to take any of that in, my foot slipped through the rope and the wind was knocked out of me when I landed in his arms. He grinned at me again. “Hey.”


I glared back at him while I struggled to refill my lungs. “Put… put me… down…”


He laughed then set me on my feet. I gripped a tree branch to steady myself then bent down to rub my ankle. Angie?


I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye. Yeah?


Sorry.

I straitened back up to look him in the eye. We stood like that for a moment then I burst out laughing. “Yeah yeah, alright.” He grinned at me again. “Let’s get out of here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!