7.28.2010

Book Review: Sisters Red Review

"The wolf opened its long jaws, rows of teeth stretching for her. A thought locked itself in Scarlett's mind: I am the only one left to fight so now I must kill you." 

Scarlet March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister, Rosie, from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and a blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt that her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferocioulsy alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Scarlett's only friend, Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax. But does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for?

                                                                       
Sisters Red was a modern fairy tale packed with action and suspence that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. The detail was amazing and I felt like I was standing next to Scarlett and Rosie the whole time. This book was written in alternating perspectives so you got to know both Scarlett and Rosie really well, and hear their voices. Scarlett, a hunter, wants to do everything she can to destroy the Fenris and expects Rosie and Silas to help her in every way possible. Rosie only hunts because thats when she feels closest to her sister, but she's tired of it. She wants to try something else, be someone else, and when she falls in love with Silas, he convinces her to try new things. When Scarlett finds out, it drives them apart. This is a love story, a hate story, a fairy tale, and a story full of twists and turns you'd never expect. I would definately read this book again and again.  


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Most of the reviews I have read on this book aren't very positive, but yours is! I might just have to read the book and see myself.

    Thank you for the awesome review. (:

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!