7.29.2010

Book Review: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

A Deadly Grace
Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight-- she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

       When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. 
       She never expected to become Po's friend.
       She never expects to learn a new truth about her one Grace--or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...


Graceling was amazing. I loved it. It was one of the best books I've read in a while. I loved the characters and the settings, and the way it all came together, and the unexpected love story woven in with it all. Katsa was an intriguing character with an amazing skill which was feared across all the seven kingdoms. Her uncle sent her all over to punish and bully people who had wronged him in anyway, but she was tired of it. She wanted to do something good. she organized a secret group who would go out on missions to help people, and save people from their crazy kings. One mission led to meeting Po, and a whole string of adventures unfolded around them, including Katsa confronting her uncle and then leaving the city. Graceling was skillfully written and had me thirsting for more. I definately recomend this book to everybody, and now I'm off to the bookstore to buy Fire, Graceling's compaion book.

2 comments:

  1. I've not read this one yet. I've heard nothing but rave reviews, though. Since the second book is now out. I'm really drawn towards trying out this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE comments, and I read every single one that's left, and I try to respond to them all. Thanks for being awesome!

Search this blog!